Hello! My name is Vashti Quiroz-Vega. I know, my name is a mouthful, but if you can learn Arnold Schwarzenegger, Saoirse Ronan, Charlize Theron, M. Night Shyamalan, Jean Claude Van Damme, and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau––mine will be a snap. ⇒JUST KIDDING!
I share quite a bit about myself on this page (maybe too much?), I don’t know. I’m an open book (no pun intended) to the dismay of some of my friends. Pretty much what you see is what you get with me. I have been told that I have a bizarre sense of humor, a funny laugh and a raspy voice (you’ll hear for yourself when I post vlogs). I apologize in advance. Ha,ha! I hope you enjoy the info..
Since I was a kid I’ve always had a passion for writing. I’ve always been a writer I just didn’t know it until much later. It has always been easier for me to express my thoughts on paper .
I love to read almost as much as I love to write. Some of my favorite authors are Stephen King, Michael Crichton, Anne Rice, J.R.R. Tolkien, J.K. Rowling and Dan Brown.
I enjoy making people feel an array of emotions with my writing. I like my audience to laugh one moment, cry the next and clench their jaws after that.
I love animals and nature and I love incorporating them in my stories. You’ll read intriguing things about various animals, nature and natural disasters commingled with my character driven novel “The Fall of Lilith”.
In my third novel “Dracul”, which follows “The Fall of Lilith” in my Fantasy Angels Series, my main character will be moving through time witnessing amazing and eerie historical moments unfold before him as he searches for his mother to exact revenge for attempting to kill him and leaving him for dead in the woods.
My novel “The Basement” is available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, iBooks . . . as an eBook and in paperback. You can read excerpts from my novel and works-in-progress on the Excerpts page. Please take a look and let me know what you think. Ultimately, the reader is what brings the author’s stories and words to life, and your feedback is important to me.
The unread story is not a story; it is little black marks on wood pulp. The reader, reading it, makes it live: a live thing, a story”
~Ursula K. Le Guin
10 Facts About Me
1. I sleep walk. (No, none of my writing has been done while asleep)
2. I love to travel. I’ve been to Spain, Greece, Italy, Africa, Croatia, Alaska, Jamaica, Puerto Rico and many other Caribbean Islands among other places. There are still many countries I long to visit.
3. I have an adventurer’s spirit. I have zipped lined off a 1000 ft ledge onto a beach in Haiti, river raft in Costa Rica, did some cave tubing in Belize (saw huge bats), snorkeled in near freezing water in Alaska (I was covered from head to toe in a dry suit of course)…
4. I love to cook and bake. (I made all the hors d’oeuvres, cocktails and desserts for my novel “The Basement” Pre-Release Party).
5. When I was a kid I wanted to be a superhero. When I was a teen I wanted to be a missionary and travel to exotic places to teach kids about God and how to read and write.
6. Although writing is my passion I do have a day job in the medical field. I’m a Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer. I perform Abdominal, OB/GYN and Vascular ultrasound exams.
7. I can predict how almost any movie will end by the first quarter of the movie. People have tested me on this. ;D Some of my favorite movies are the ones I couldn’t predict.
8. I had an imaginary friend as a child.
9. I’m a kid at heart. I enjoy being silly and pulling practical jokes on my friends and family.
10. I don’t trust people that don’t like animals or don’t have a sense of humor.