I just got a puppy, and I’d like to introduce you to the new addition to my family. His name is ‘Scribbles’ and he’s a Pomeranian with a rare wolf sable color. I had forgotten how active puppies can be. He has me running in circles, but boy, do I love this little guy––already!
So in honor of Scribbles, I decided to write a post about animals. I love people, I really do, but sometimes I wonder if I don’t love animals more. Everyone who knows me well knows that I have great affection and respect for animals. I even incorporate them into my stories.
I found this online, and I thought it would be invaluable information for any dog owner.
Interview With A Dog
the silence is broken
We asked a dog to pull aside the shroud of secrecy and be interviewed. He asked that his name not be used, but for the good of all dogs he agreed to share these ten insights with humans.
1) My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you will be painful to me. Remember that before you buy me.
2) Give me some time to understand what you want from me.
3) Place your trust in me. It’s crucial to my well-being.
4) Don’t be angry with me for long, and don’t isolate me as punishment. You have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have you.
5) Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don’t understand your words––I understand your voice.
6) Be aware that however you treat me, I will not be able to forget it.
7) Remember before you hit me that I have powerful teeth, but I choose not to use them.
8) Before you scold me for being uncooperative, obstinate or lazy, ask yourself if something might be wrong with me. Perhaps I’m not getting the right food, or I’ve been out in the sun too long, or my heart is getting older and weaker.
9) Take care of me when I get old. You’ll be old one day.
10) Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say: “I can’t watch, it’s too painful.” Everything is easier when you are with me.
And through it all:
Remember that I love you. ♥
Here are some more reasons I love animals so much:
In a world lacking empathy and compassion animals put us humans to shame. ♥
Watch this video ⇓
Animals are so loving and affectionate. ♥ They each have their own personality and they know how to express themselves.
Animals enjoy nature more than we do.
Animals are funny and entertaining.
The animal kingdom is amazing! Check out these unique creatures.